- E-Statements are online versions of the paper statements you normally receive in the mail for your checking and savings accounts, time deposits and loans.
- Receive an email each month when your e-Statements are ready
- Access statements through your secure Online Banking page
- Use data to tract spending patterns, identify specific transactions or to fine-tune your savings strategy or budgeting approach
- Download data to personal finance software for deeper analysis
- Cut down on paper clutter around your home
- Reduce the risk of fraud and identity theft that can occur when paper statements are lost or stolen from the mail stream
What are eStatements?
eStatements are online versions of the paper statements you normally receive in the mail for your checking and savings accounts.
How do I access my eStatements?
Simply log in to Digital Banking, click on an account and then select Documents.
Do I have to pay for eStatements?
No, they are free to anyone enrolled in Tompkins Online Banking service.
Will I continue to receive my paper statement in the mail?
Once enrolled, you will no longer receive paper statements by mail.
What format do eStatements come in?
The statements are provided in PDF format, which allows you to save them on your computer or print out when necessary.
How do I request eStatements?
To sign up for eStatements you must be enrolled with Digital Banking.
- Login to Digital Banking, select an account and click on Documents.
- On the Enrollment screen, click Sign Up/Changes.
- Select the accounts you wish to enroll, and click Save Settings.
- In the Email Settings section, confirm the email address for eStatement delivery is correct, and enter a security phrase. Click Save Settings.
- Read the terms and conditions and click Continue.
- Click Accept to agree to the terms and conditions, otherwise click Decline.
- After accepting the terms and conditions, the account(s) will be displayed on the welcome screen.
How many years of eStatements may I view in Online Banking?
Up to 5 years of eStatements are available.
Why do I get a blank screen when I try to access my e-Statements?
If you are using Internet Explorer, try using a different browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari.
How to Enroll in eStatements
Login to Digital Banking via online or the mobile app. Click on an account and select Documents.
On the Enrollment screen, Click Enroll. Note: If you receive an error that you are unable to enroll, please contact our Customer Care Center.
Complete items 1-4 on the eStatement Enrollment screen as follows:
- Select Accounts to enroll
- Confirm email address. If email address is correct no action is required. If incorrect, please update.
- Review the electronic statement disclosure. You must scroll to the bottom in order to click the box to agree to the listed terms.
- Click enroll now
You will be presented with an enrollment confirmation box. Click OK. You will then receive a welcome email.
Email alerts will be sent as statements and notices are made available for you to view.
* You will be charged the standard SMS rate by your cell phone provider. Data usage charges from your provider may app