Make a fast, easy move to a better banking experience.
Your finances are a high priority. But you also have dozens of other daily commitments. That's why we offer a streamlined process to shift your accounts from other financial institutions to Tompkins. Below, you'll find easy-to-follow instructions, plus all the required forms. Still have questions? Feel free to get in touch.
- Instructions: Easy step-by-step instructions to help you make the switch.
- Conversion Checklist: Use this checklist to manage your switch and help determine which of the forms below you need to use.
- Existing Account Closing Form: Use this form to notify your current bank to have them transfer your account balances to your new Tompkins account.
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form: Use this form to notify companies (employers, Social Security, government agencies) to switch your direct deposit to Tompkins.
- Automatic Payment/Deposit Switch Form: Use this form to notify payees (utilities, insurance companies) who automatically take payments from your checking account to redirect withdrawals to Tompkins.
- Account Balance Worksheet: Use this form to balance your old check register and determine what is available for transfer to your new Tompkins account.
- Federal Benefits Payments: Use this form to notify the government to direct deposit social security, veteran's benefits, etc. to your new Tompkins account.
Tompkins Community Bank is a full-service financial institution serving the Central, Western, and Hudson Valley markets of New York, and Southeastern Pennsylvania.