Bring your accounts with you wherever you go.
Getting cash into your account is often a high priority. But there's no reason to make a trip to the bank to make that happen. With mobile check deposit, you can deposit checks from home, your workplace, or anywhere else you and your smartphone might be. All it takes is a couple clicks of the phone's camera, and a few other simple steps.
- Download the Tompkins app from the App Store or Google Play
- Endorse your check as you normally would. Please include the phrase “Tompkins Mobile Deposit”
- Capture images of the front and back of the check with your smartphone or tablet camera
- Verify the information and click "submit"
- You'll receive an electronic notification that your deposit has been received
- Funds are often available the next business day
- Mobile deposit works with most payroll, business, personal and government
- Dashboards – Customize your dashboard to organize your accounts the way you want to see them.
- Alerts – Set up alerts for Digital Banking to receive via email or text.
- Transfers – You can make transfers between your Tompkins checking, saving or loan accounts anytime from anywhere.
- External Transfers – Link checking, savings or loan accounts with other financial institutions to your Tompkins online banking account.
- Account History – View 120 days of your Tompkins account history.
Is there a charge for Tompkins Mobile Check Deposit?
No. However, your wireless telecommunications provider may charge you for data usage. Check with your provider for details regarding your specific wireless plan and any data usage charges that may apply.
When will my funds be available?
Deposits submitted before 6 PM ET on a business day will generally be available the next business day. We may delay the availability if we require further review of the deposit. Any delay in availability will be communicated via email to the email address we have on file.
What should I do with my check after it is deposited?
After the transaction is completed, mark the check "Electronically Presented". Securely store the check for 45 days then mark "VOID" and then destroy. This allows sufficient time in case the original check is needed for any reason.
How will I know if there is a problem with my mobile check deposit after I submit it?
There are several ways that you could be notified if there is a problem with your mobile check deposit after you submit it.
- You may be alerted on your device after you hit submit. The message will alert you to the issue (i.e., Check must be endorsed Tompkins Mobile Deposit, check is not legible etc.)
- You may be alerted via the email address that we have on file if an issue has been detected prior to the deposit being credited to your account.
- Longer delays may apply in accordance with Regulation CC. Any delay in the availability of your funds as a result of Regulation CC will be communicated to you via U.S. mail. Refer to the Funds Availability Policy Disclosure that was provided at account opening for details.
- If a problem arises with your deposit, such as a returned check, we will send you written notice to the address we have on file via U.S. mail.
Who can use Tompkins Mobile Check Deposit?
Tompkins Mobile Check Deposit is available to all checking customers.
Is there a limit in the amount I can deposit per day or month?
- You can deposit a maximum of 100 checks per day or a maximum total daily limit of $7,500.
- You can deposit a maximum of 200 checks per calendar month or a maximum total calendar monthly limit of $15,000.
- Tompkins Mobile Check Deposit can process checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn on any U.S. Bank, including but not limited to: personal, business and government checks. They must also be payable to the account holder.
How can I get the best image of the check using Tompkins Mobile Check Deposit?
- Place your check on a dark-colored, plain surface that's well lit
- Position your camera directly over the check (not at an angle)
- Fit all 4 corners in the guides of your mobile device's camera screen
Are there any Apple compatibility issues?
If you're using iOS 10 on your iPhone or iPad, you will need to update your Tompkins app to resolve Apple's compatibility issue. Please visit the App Store and download our update.